Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What i have been up too lately!!!!

I Have always enjoyed sewing and sewing a rag blanket for my sister in-law out of this animal print also with purple elephant print and a green poka dot. Well at the baby shower she several of these cute blankets that are just 2 pieces of flannel sewn together with a decorative stitch around the sides binding it together. It turned out so cut that i did matching burp clothes.My mother in-law for my birthday gave me classes on how to use your sewing machine. Yes i have had my machine for 2 years now but never took the class to learn what my machine does. I was so excited. It was a 4 week class every saturday and i learned so much about my machine and also about sewing. I learned that my machine will do names. The letters on the burp cloth is as big as it gets but it is still really cute.

I made theese 2 burp clothes for my sister in-law to match the rag quilt i made for her.


My friend Randi told me almost 2 years ago that i could make theese burp clothes and sell them cheaper then the boutiques and it took me 2 years of moving those stupid cloth diapers from room to room before i decided i can do this. They turned out so cute. The fabric in the center is Flannel. I am going to start expanding my creative mind and think of different things to do with these new cute burp clothes.



This is the matching blanket and burp cloth that started me on everything. If i ever get a girl she is going to be so spoiled. i am now trying to figure out a cute way to get the blanket to attach to the infant car seat. As soon as i get it down i will post to show all.

This is the cuttest stitch for this frabric. It is a little blurry but it is swirly. It makes the blanket even that more cute.








1 comment:

Shan @ Design Gal said...

those are the cutest! good job!